Message from the President
On behalf of the Rhode Island Society of Professional Engineers’ (RISPE’s) Executive Board, welcome to our newly reformatted website! We encourage you to take a few moments to browse the pages and learn more about RISPE.
Below are a few key examples of how RISPE and the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) make a difference:
- Each year in March, RISPE hosts the Rhode Island MATHCOUNTS Competition where middle school students from throughout RI compete against each other on math problems. The event encourages students to pursue math and develop skills that help them later on in high school and college and ultimately assist them in pursuing fulfilling careers.
- Each year in May, RISPE awards a $500 scholarship to a deserving Rhode Island High School Senior pursuing higher education in engineering. Last year alone we had approximately 50 applications!
- NSPE is advocating for and defending the Professional Engineering License against those in support of legislation and/or regulations that would erode and even destroy the license as we know it.
The above examples, in addition to all of the other worthy causes that RISPE/NSPE support, would not be possible without the support of our valued members and sponsors. As such, the RISPE Executive Board encourages the continued support of our current members and asks those who are not members to consider joining and/or contributing to the society.
A RISPE/NSPE Membership offers many benefits including, but not limited to the following:
- Networking opportunities with members of the local engineering community;
- Local volunteering opportunities;
- Free continuing education credits;
- Reduced fee for EJCDC documents and other engineering publications;
- Access to online job postings;
- Subscriptions to NSPE publications; and
- Discounts with businesses such as UPS, Office Depot, Lenovo, and many more.
If you have any questions about RISPE/NSPE or are interested in joining, please contact us at email@example.com. In addition, please feel free to join us at one of our upcoming membership meetings (see our Calendar of Events Page for more details).
David J. Arpin, PE